Our scrumptious Weed Cookies Recipes are a great way to make Cannabis more accessible.
Making Weed Cookies is not as difficult as it may seem. Follow our step-by-step recipe and ensure you have all the ingredients. The essential first step is making Cannabis Butter, aka Cannabutter, but more on that later.
If you are not really into Weed, you can replace the Cannabutter with unsalted butter.
What Are Cannabis Cookies And Cannabutter
Decarboxylated Cannabis is slowly infused in oil or butter and then incorporated into our favorite Weed Cookies Recipes.
The legalization of Marijuana has led to increased demand for Cannabis edibles. Cannabis Cookies are now available commercially in many dispensaries, and you can buy them online. That said, nothing like home-baked goods and filling up that cookie jar.
Why Would You Want A Weed Cookie?
Edibles are also a great way to benefit from using Cannabis without having to smoke. It is a more discreet way to enjoy your Cannabis treat and easier to play around with quantities. Always remember to start low and slow.
There are many benefits of weed cookies over other edibles. Weed cookies are easy to bake and don’t require fancy equipment or skills. Weed cookies also have a long shelf life when stored correctly in an airtight container at room temperature.
What Are The Benefits Of Adding Cannabis To Baking?
Weed edibles are a healthier alternative to smoking marijuana.
Cannabis-infused baked goods such as Brownies, Cookies, and Cakes are becoming increasingly popular across the United States. Baked goods with Cannabis offer a more discreet way of consuming Marijuana than smoking it or vaping it.
You can also use it to help with sleep deprivation. Not only does Weed help you get more sleep, but it helps you feel more refreshed in the morning after a good night’s rest. The most important benefit is that it can be an alternative remedy for people who suffer from anxiety or chronic pain.
The Advantages Of Baking Weed Cookies Vs. Smoking Weed
Weed Cookies are healthier than Smoking Cannabis
You can eat Cannabis in many forms, such as Brownies, Cookies, and even Candies. Weed edibles are a healthier alternative to smoking Weed because it doesn’t lead to respiratory problems.
Weed Cookies are More Discreet than Smoking or Vaping Weed
Smoking Marijuana is an issue if you live in an apartment or condo with neighbors who may not enjoy its smell. Edibles don’t emit odor and can be consumed anywhere without fear of judgment or repercussion.
Weed Cookies provide a slow release, and it’s easier to manage your dose
As the stomach first processes the Marijuana, then metabolizes it by the liver, and finally absorbs it in the bloodstream, it has a slower release. It can be easier to control your dosage by beginning with smaller quantities and slowly increasing as needed.
Scrumptious Chocolate Chip Weed Cookie Recipe
If you’re a Cannabis enthusiast and feeling a little low on creativity, this is the perfect project for you.
This recipe will be a lot of fun, and it’s also straightforward to make.
Chocolate Chip Weed Cookie Recipe
- Cube the butter into ½ inch block and place it in the stand mixer with the sugars.
- With the paddle attachment, beat on high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed slightly and add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, ensuring it is well incorporated after each addition.
- Reduce the speed further and sift in the flour and salt. Beat until combined
- Add the chocolate chip cookies and gently mix through
- Turn off the machine and remove the bowl for easy handling and access. Using your hand or a silicone spatula, gently bring the dough together. The dough should be firm and easily come together.
- Using your hands, form the dough in a golf size ball, weighing about 45g each.
- Using a lined tray, place the balls in the fridge for about an hour to firm up. Pro Tip: The cookie dough can be frozen at the stage for up to 3 months and baked directly from frozen, adding 1 minute baking time.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400°F or 350°F with a fan.
- Line two baking trays with silicone mats or parchment paper
- Place the chilled dough on the line baking tray, allowing at least 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake for 12 minutes, carefully rotating the tray halfway through. The cookies should be golden brown and will be slightly cracked on top.
- Remove from the oven and chill on the baking tray for 12 minutes before transferring to the wire rack to cool completely.
Weed cookies are popular snacks, but it is essential to know the correct dosage.
You can use this calculator for any edible cannabis product, not just weed cookies.
More Weed Cookies Recipes
These cookies perfectly balance sweet and salty with a rich chocolate flavor. They have a crunchy exterior and chewy interior, which you want in any good cookie.
Weed Cookies Recipes Frequently Asked Questions
Do Weed Cookies Go Stale?
The short answer is YES.
There are a few ways to tell if a Weed cookie is stale.
Smell – If the smell is off, don’t eat it.
Appearance – If you notice any mold, do not consume. Old cookies sometimes have a dull appearance and quickly disintegrate
Our Weed Cookies Recipe will store well in an airtight container, away from direct light, for up to 10 days. As the recipe (luckily) delivers a larger batch of Cookies, why not freeze half the dough balls and bake from frozen when the craving hits.
How Do I Keep Weed Cookies Fresh?
The first thing to do is ensure you store your edibles in an airtight container that prevents them from drying out or losing their texture. Also, ensure the container has a tight seal because this will help protect your Cookies from unwanted oxygen that will cause them to spoil faster. Keep your airtight container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Can I Freeze Weed Cookies?
Most Weed Cookies do freeze well. Allow them to cool entirely and flat-pack in a tightly closed freezer bag to avoid freezer burn.
Your Cookies will keep well for 3 – 4 months. Allow to come to room temperature and enjoy or place in a warm oven or air fryer for a couple of minutes.
Can You Freeze Weed Brownies?
How High Will I Get When I Eat A Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookie?
The answer to this question is not straightforward. It depends on a person’s metabolism, tolerance level, and the type of Cannabis they consume.
The amount of THC ingested in a cookie depends on; the size of the cookie, the potency of the Cannabis, and how much time has passed since its consumption.
If you are a first-time cannabis consumer, you may experience higher levels of euphoria than someone who has been consuming Cannabis for years.