What is a Weed Infused Margarita?
A Weed Infused Margarita is a type of cocktail infused with Cannabis and should be enjoyed in a slower, recreational setting. In addition to Weed, the drink also has Tequila, Lime juice or other fruit juices, Triple Sec, Simple Syrup, and Ice.
A Weed infused margarita aims to provide the user with an enjoyable experience that is different from their regular drinking routine and includes higher levels of euphoria and relaxation.
Some people use their favorite strain of cannabis to infuse their alcohol, while others use oils or tinctures to create these drinks.
The combination of Marijuana and alcohol can provide several benefits to the consumer, such as relaxation, relief from stress and anxiety, or even help with sleep. But do you know what’s interesting? You can make your Weed infused margarita at home!
What are the Different Types of Marijuana Infusions?
There are many types of Marijuana infusions, but the two most popular types are Weed Infused alcohol and cannabis-infused oil. The infusion process gives the user a range of different effects that you can alter by changing the strain and the amount of time it is infused.
Some cannabis drinks may have a higher THC content than others, so it is essential to know if you are looking for a relaxing drink or one with more of an energetic kick.
Cannabis infusions are not just limited to drinks, though, as you can also use them in food items like brownies and cookies.
There are different ways to infuse Cannabis, and the effects of each can vary.
- Cannabis Infusions: This beverage contains cannabis extract, often in the form of a tincture. They are typically made with alcohol or glycerin as the carrier liquid.
- Edibles: These items contain cannabis extract and can be eaten in any form as an edible, such as baked goods, candies, or even sauces. Cannabutter is often used as the infusion method in many Cannabis Edibles.
- Tinctures: These are extracts that contain cannabis extract dissolved in alcohol or glycerin. The process is usually done by soaking a substance into a solvent like alcohol or glycerin.
- Cannabis Oils: Cannabis oils can be used for many different types of infusions, such as tea, tinctures, and sauces. The main benefits of cannabis oils are that you can easily consume them orally without smoking or vaporizing them. They also provide a smoother, more consistent experience than smoking or vaping does.
Making the Weed Infused Margarita Cocktail at Home
Margaritas are one of the most popular cocktails in the world. A Weed Infused Margarita is also easy to make at home. With a few simple ingredients, you can make a Weed Infused Margarita Recipe that will impress your friends and family.
Weed Infused Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- Cocktail Jigger
- Cocktail Shaker
- Margarita Glass
- 2 oz Weed Infused Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec I use Cointreau
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz Agave syrup or simple syrup Optional
- Start preparing the glass. Place a small amount of salt in a saucer. Run a cut lime along the rim of your glass and place the lime laced rim in the salt. Set aside.
- Half fill the cocktail shaken with ice followed by the Weed Infused Tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Include the agave or simple syrup if using.
- Shake for 10 seconds until completely chilled.
- Strain into your prepared Margarita glass, straight up or over ice.
Easy Ways to Upgrade Your Margaritas
To make a great margarita, you need to use fresh lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and agave nectar. Depending on your preferences, you can also add salt or sugar to your drink.
Add flavored syrups to your margarita mix
Add cinnamon syrup for an extra kick of flavor
Add grenadine syrup
Add some fresh fruit
Add some chopped up pieces of lime, lemon, or orange peel
Garnish with Jalapeño pepper and a lime wedge
Pour it over crushed ice and top it off with a splash of club soda
Use fresh strawberries instead of lime juice
Experiment with different types of tequila
Serve in a salt-rimmed glass for extra flavor and texture
Try stirring in some Jalapeño slices or cayenne pepper.
Drop in some Cilantro leaves
You can also add some of your favorite herbs and spices like cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg to it.
Top Weed Infused Tequila Drinks on the Market
(Bourbon Barrel Finished Tequila)
Dr. Stoner’s Tequila Hierba Madura is made by maturing our Tequila Hierba Loca in freshly dumped Virginia bourbon barrels. The agave is caramelized in a stone oven, then infused with Dr. Stoner’s special stash of herbs. The initial taste and aroma is a silky smooth bourbon flavor. This is followed by the familiar agave flavor, fruity, floral, and slightly smoky. At 84 proof, this one-of-a-kind premium tequila is perfect for sipping poured neat, chilled, or served straight up. It’s remarkably smooth and unique from any other barrel-aged tequila.
El Hempe is unmasking unique bountiful ﬂavor proﬁles by infusing fruit-forward terpenes that will enhance your agave experience. Like the Luchador, our spirit will have a strong and uplifting eﬀect for all your social experiences.
With hints of fruits, ﬂorals, and more, these terpene-infused drinks will have you on your toes and ready to hit the ring.