We adore the smell of freshly baked cookies, morning, day, and night. I cannot recommend this delicious chocolate chip and hazelnut Weed cookies recipe with more enthusiasm.
This delicious recipe is a beautiful play on the original American classic and is loosely based on the popular Yotam Ottolenghi book SWEET.
Why Bake Chocolate Chip And Hazelnut Weed Cookies At Home?
There are many reasons to bake cookies at home. Some people do it because they enjoy the process, others want to save money, and some want to try something new.
Regardless of the reason, one thing is for sure: baking cookies at home is a rewarding experience, and we hope you’ll find this article helpful in your quest for the perfect cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut Weed Cookies can be great for those who need to medicate throughout the day, but don’t overdo it on the edibles. Baking your Weed cookies will allow you to control ingredients such as sugar, salt, and fat. This classic recipe may also awaken your creative side by adding your twist.
What Is Cannabis Butter?
Cannabis Butter or Cannabutter is a Cannabis-infused fat used in cooking and edibles.
In essence, decarboxylated Cannabis is slowly infused in butter and then incorporated into your favorite recipes. Cannabutter can be used as a substitute for regular butter and is known to have more health benefits than regular butter.
The Recipe For Chocolate Chip And Hazelnut Weed Cookies
The recipe comes together very fast, and you can prepare it the day before as it needs to chill and firm up in the fridge before baking. Even better, you can freeze the dough, once shaped into balls, and bake it directly from frozen.
The dough will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Add one minute of cooking time if baking from frozen.
The toasted Hazelnuts and bittersweet chocolate chips are ideal partners for the Cannabis undertone and will assist in concealing some of the piney, earthy flavors of Weed.
Chocolate Chip and Hazelnut Weed Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 330 °F
- Position the oven rack in the center of the oven
- Scatter the nuts onto the lined baking tray and roast for 10 minutes. If your hazelnuts are not yet peeled, do so after roasting, allow first to cool slightly
- Turn off your oven as the dough has to rest before baking
- Roughly chop the nuts into about ½ inch chunks, set aside
- In an electric stand mixer or hand mixer with a sturdy bowl, start mixing the sugars and butter on high for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the speed slightly and start adding the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing well with each addition.
- Reduce the speed a little more and sift in the salt and flour until just combined.
- Now add the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts and gently mix through. Do not overmix.
- Turn off your machine and gently bring the dough together by hand or using a silicone spatula. The dough should be firm and come together easily.
- Using your hands, form golf-ball-shaped dough balls of about 45g each.
- Carefully set aside in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up
- Preheat the oven to 400° F or 350°F if using the fan
- Place the filled dough balls on the lined baking trays, at least 2 inches apart, as they will spread as they bake
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. The cookies should be golden brown and slightly cracked at the top
- Once removed from the oven, allow to cool on the baking tray for 12 minutes before transferring to the wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Chip And Hazelnut Weed Cookies Frequently Asked Questions
How To Store Chocolate Chip And Hazelnut Weed Cookies
It is essential to store your cookies correctly, ensuring they stay fresh and get your desired high when needed.
If you want your cookies to stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible, then there are a few things that you need to do:
Store your baked goods in an airtight container – this will keep out any moisture and prevent the cookie from becoming soggy and spoiling prematurely. To guarantee your cookie remain crisp, place a slice or two of bread in your container; it will help absorb any unwanted air.
Keep your airtight container away from direct sunlight in a cool, dark place.
Place your Weed cookies in an airtight freezer bag & store them in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Our piece, “Can You Freeze Weed Brownies?” will help you understand more about how to preserve your treats.
Can You Freeze Weed Brownies?
How Many Chocolate Chip And Hazelnut Weed Cookies Can You Eat A Day?
It’s hard to provide an exact quantity as it depends on many factors. We suggest starting with our dosage calculator.
Knowing the answer to this question is essential because it’s easy for people to get carried away with these edibles and consume too much.
Factors like your tolerance, the strain of Weed, your metabolism, and your body weight will all influence how many Weed cookies you should consume.
It’s essential to wait for the effects of the cookies to take effect before consuming more.
When consuming Weed cookies and edibles, always “Start Low and Go Slow.”
What you have eaten and how recently can affect the bioavailability of cannabinoids.
Can I freeze Chocolate Chip And Hazelnut Weed Cookies Dough Before Baking?
Indeed you can!
Once you have shaped and chilled the dough, place the balls in an airtight freezer bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
To bake, remove from the freezer and place on your lined baking tray; no need to thaw. Add one extra minute to your baking time if baking from frozen.