What is Weed Infused Kombucha?
Weed Infused Kombucha is a variation on a type of fermented tea that has been used in Asia and Eastern Europe for centuries.
Its global popularity has increased recently because of its health benefits. Kombucha is the most popular way to consume live, organic, and raw probiotic bacteria.
It also contains vitamins like B12 and B6, which are essential to our body’s metabolic function, and antioxidants like polyphenols and flavonoids, which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Kombucha is famous for its health benefits as well as for its taste. It has been used for centuries to treat various health problems such as digestion problems and chronic fatigue syndrome by boosting the immune system.
Kombucha is also known as “the champagne of probiotics” because it contains over a billion probiotic cultures.
What is Kombucha SCOBY?
The SCOBY is an acronym that stands for symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast. It is a living culture used in the production of kombucha tea.
A SCOBY can be used to make many other ferments like kefir and ginger beer.
Kombucha SCOBYs are often found at health food stores or online. They come in different colors like green, black, red, and white. They can be purchased as starter cultures, or they can be harvested from existing cultures.
Kombucha SCOBYs are often called “mother” or “starter” cultures because they can be shared and propagated by other individuals. This makes it easier for people to start their own kombucha brewing businesses.
How to Make Weed Infused Kombucha at Home
Making your kombucha at home is easy and relatively inexpensive with proper equipment.
There are a few ways to make infused kombuchas at home. You can use cannabis, mint, ginger, or other ingredients to infuse the kombucha with flavors and aromas.
It is important to remember that making infused kombuchas is not as simple as it sounds. It requires patience and time for the flavors to develop fully.
Weed Infused Kombucha Recipe
- 1 Reusable tea bag or clean pantyhose
- 1 Glass jar 1 gallon
- Fine woven cloth clean tea cloth, coffee filter, or paper towels
- 6 16oz glass bottles with sling top or plastic bottles with caps
- 3½ quarts Filtered water
- 1 cup Granulated sugar preferably organic
- 6 bags Tea green or black
- 4 tbsp AVB (already vaped bud)
- 2 cups Starter tea or store-bought kombucha neutral flavor
- 1 Scoby high quality
Optional flavoring & herbal options
- 1 cup Chopped fruit pineapple works beautifully
- 1 cups Fruit juice cold pressed is preferred
- 2 tbsp Fresh herbs or spices adding ginger to the pineapple is a great match
- 1 drop Cannabis oil tincture Depending on your tolerance and strength of the tincture
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cannabis leaves
- Using the stockpot, bring filtered water to the boil
- Remove from the heat and add the sugar. Stir until dissolved
- Add the tea bags of choice as well as the AVB (already vaped bud) using a reusable tea bag or clean pantyhose. Steep until cooled.
- Once cool, remove the tea bags. Add the starter tea or store-bought kombucha.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your 1-gallon jar and gently side in your scoby. When handling the scoby make sure your hands are clean and sterilized.
- Cover the mouth of the jar with a few layers of the tea cloth or coffee filters. Tighten with an elastic band. Avoid using cheesecloth as it may not prevent fruit flies from contaminating your brew.
- It's time to start with the fermentation process. Keep the jar at room temperature, away from direct light for 7 - 10 days.
- Regularly check the kombucha and scoby. Sign that the brew is healthy includes, a new cream-colored scoby forming on the surface. It may be attached to the old scoby. Sediment may form at the bottom. If you notice mold, your kombucha has gone bad and is not safe for consumption.
- Start tasting the kombucha after 7 days. When the brew has reached the correct taste to your liking, it is ready to bottle.
- You can now remove the scoby. If you intend to make a fresh batch of kombucha right away, start with step 1. Otherwise, store your scoby in brewed tea in a sealed container in the fridge. Reminder to sterilize your hands before working with the scoby.
- Time to bottle and start the second fermentation. Grab your optional flavor ingredients, if you intend on using any. Using the funnel, pour the flavoring and kombucha in your 16oz bottles - leaving a ½ inch space in each bottle. Close tightly and allow the brew to carbonate at room temperature for 1 - 3 days. Keep away from direct sunlight and "burp" your bottles every day. This will release unwanted pressure.
- Refrigerate the bottles to stop the fermentation process. Consume within 1 month.
- If you'd like an extra kick of cannabis, add a drop of cannabis tincture to your fermented kombucha.
Tips for Making the Perfect Weed Infused Kombucha Recipe at Home
Cannabis and kombucha is a match made in heaven. Kombucha is a fermented tea that has been around for centuries, and it’s now becoming more and more popular.
If you are new to making cannabis-infused drinks, these tips will help you make the perfect Cannabis Kombucha at home:
Start with a clean jar and lid
Make sure your water is clean before brewing your tea
Use a high quality organic loose leaf tea – like Rishi organic black tea
Add fruit or herbs
Add your favorite flavorings to the jar: honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, or vanilla beans.
.Add your favorite spices: cinnamon sticks, ginger root, cardamom pods, or ground cloves.
Other Weed Infused Herbal Teas & Cocktails
Cannabis Infused herbal teas and cocktails are becoming popular among consumers. There are many health benefits of cannabis, like the ability to increase appetite, reduce nausea, and help with pain management.
There are various ways to infuse your favorite herbal teas or cocktails with marijuana. Here is a list of other Weed Infused herbal teas and cocktails you can try;
Weed Infused Herbal Teas
Chamomile with Cannabis Infusion
Lavender with Cannabis Infusion
Mint with Cannabis Infusion
Peppermint with Cannabis Infusion
Rosemary and Chamomile Tea
White Tea, Hibiscus, & Lemonade
Weed Infused Cocktails
Cannabis Infused teas and cocktails are becoming an increasingly popular way to consume marijuana. The drinks are easy to make at home, and you can enjoy them with or without alcohol.
Weed Infused Negroni Cocktail
Weed Infused Pina Colada Cocktail
Weed Infused Strawberry Daiquiri Cocktail
Weed Infused Bloody Mary Cocktail